Do you ever wonder what birds eat during the winter? In Bear’s First Christmas, the main character – bear – helps his new friends find food in the snow and ice. Today, we’re making a present for our feathered friends, to help them find food easily.
- Cut a piece of yarn about twice the length of your arm.
- Wrap one end with a piece of tape – this will make it easy to feed through the cheerios.
- String the first cheerio – take it about 3/4 of the way down the yarn and tie the end around the cheerio.
- I’ve left quite a bit at the end so we’ll have a tail to tie to the branch.
- Thread the cheerios onto the yarn, leaving a long tail on the other end as well. Tie off around the last cheerio, as with the first.
- Find a branch that you can see from the window. Tie your cheerio offering onto the branch and watch to see who comes to eat it.
- If you want to have even more fun, do this with some friends.